Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Chinese Chicken Salad

Here is yet another one of my favorite salads. I've tried quite a few different dressings, combining some and I've settled upon two that I really like. I'm listing both the dresing recipes. Either one will be yummy. I love this served as the entire meal. My kids love it when I make scones to go with it. It's perfect for a shower or luncheon. The only disadvantage is that the next days leftovers are soggy if you premix everything. I typically keep everything seperate in ziploc bags in the fridge so I can enjoy it for a few days.Ingredients:
4 Lg chicken breasts (you can cook various ways. If you want fast, cook in a covered dish in microwave in 1 Cup soy sauce and 1 TBSP sugar, cooking in five minute increments and stirring everytime until done) Then cube.
1 pkg won ton skins (cut into strips and fry till crisp)
1 pkg rice stick (oil needs to be very hot. I cook the won tons first and then turn oil up high to do the rice stick. Just drop the rice stick in the hot oil. It will blow up and you immediately remove it from the oil.)
2-3 heads of lettuce shredded
3-4 bunches green onions

Dressing:
1 cup salad oil (I do use olive oil)
1/2 c rice vinegar
8 TBSP sugar
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp accent salt
1 tsp pepper

Combine in a jar and shake. Toss over salad right before serving. The regular recipe calls for twice this much salt. I've found that I'm sensitive to a lot of salt, so I half the salt. Start with this amount that I've listed. Taste it and if you want more salt, go for it.

Dressing #2:
1/4 c. sesame oil
1/4 c. salad oil
4 tbsp. sugar
6 tbsp. rice vinegar
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper

Combine in a jar and shake. Toss over salad right before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment