Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day Brunch

For Fathers Day I decided to try something different. I made Warren strawberry creme filled french toast. I've never tried making stuffed french toast before, but I certainly will again. I took one bite and just savored it. It was heavenly. We all loved it! I can't wait for a special occasion to make them again. That's how much I loved them.

Ingredients:
2 loaves French Bread
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 jar strawberry jam (I used the yummy freezer jam)
Fresh strawberries
12 eggs
1/3 cup half and half
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. vanilla

Cut your french bread into 1 1/4" slices and press down the centers for a place to hold the filling. Smear inside with a good amount of cream cheese and then some jam and fresh strawberries. Place a lid on top (a matching sized piece of french bread). Make the egg mixture by mixing the eggs, vanilla, cinnamon and half and half. Soak the bread in the mixture for at least one minute and then brown in a little bit of butter on your hot griddle. Dust with powdered sugar and serve with maple syrup. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment