Thursday, October 28, 2010

Slow cooked Pork Ribs

I made some ribs for dinner tonight. Yum, were they ever good! The kids ate them all up and wanted more! I really thought the sauce was good. I left out the cayenne pepper, as my kids don't like it spicy. They sure tasted good with garlic, smashed red potatoes. I was just missing the bloomin' onion! I did have to tweak the recipe a bit to make it work with my work schedule. I actually cooked them most the way the night before, then put it in the fridge overnight and finished up the next day. Brown the ribs and then season them with a mixture of: 1 tsp. salt, 1 tsp. onion powder, 1/2 tsp. garlic salt, and 1/2 tsp. pepper (This is enough for one rack of ribs). Bake in the oven, covered in tinfoil at bake 275 for 3 hours. Then I put it in the fridge overnight and finished the next day. But you can just dump the sauce over it and continue to cook for another 30 minutes.

Sauce:
2 medium onions, chopped
1 TBSP. minced garlic
2 tablespoons butter
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup water
1 cup spicy ketchup
3 tablespoons white vinegar
3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon Liquid Smoke
2 teaspoons ground mustard
2 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional (I didn't use it)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper

Saute the onions and garlic in the butter until soft. Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil and simmer for 10-12 minutes. Pour over ribs and cook for an additional 30 minutes. Serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment