Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Turtle Bars

These are SO yummy! I've loved them for years. I make them anytime I need to take something to a potluck.
Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups flour
2/3 tsp. soda
1/3 tsp. salt
1 1/2 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 cup quick oats
2 cubes softened butter

Mix above ingredients (mixture will be crumbly). Spray a 9x12 pan. Spread 2/3 of above mixture on bottom of pan. Press down to flatten. I use my mini rolling pin to make it really good and smooth. Bake 7-8 minutes at 350.

Remove and sprinkle 1 cup chocolate chips and drizzle the caramel sauce over the chocolate chips. Put remaining mixture over the top. Put back into the oven and bake an additional 10-12 minutes.

Caramel Sauce: 35 caramels and 4 TBSP. milk, melted together either in microwave or on the stove. Be careful not to scald.

No comments:

Post a Comment