Monday, May 24, 2010

Lemon Poke Cake

I must have a thing for lemon....tonight for FHE I decided to try this Lemon Poke Cake. It's really moist and yummy and you keep it in the fridge, so it's also cool and refreshing. The family loved it, so here it is. I posted the recipe as it was written, but I, personally, am NOT a fan of cool whip, so I used the real stuff...whipping cream. I also used two boxes of lemon pudding, as I wanted a thicker "frosting". Next time though, I think I will just try one. Ingredients:
1 white cake mix
2 (3oz.) boxes of jello
2 cups boiling water
1 (3oz.) pkg. of lemon pudding
1 cup milk
1 (12 oz.) container cool whip

Bake the cake in two round cake pans, according to box directions. Allow to cool. Poke holes in the cake. Bring 2 cups water to a boil and dissolve the two boxes of jello. Pour the jello directly into the poked holes. Let chill in the refrigerator for a couple of hours. Afterwards, dip the bottoms of the pans in hot water in your sink, to loosen the jello and unmold.

For the frosting, mix pudding with 1 cup cold milk. Fold in cool whip. Use it to frost you cake in between the two layers and on the top and sides. Store leftovers in the refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment