Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Taco Soup

This is a recipe I make all the time. My family loves it. Typically when I make it, I will five times the batch and then freeze it in meal-size freezer bags. I figure if I'm going to take the time to make it, I might as well make a bunch. It's perfect for those nights when you just don't want to cook...just get it out and throw it frozen into your crockpot on low or even warm and dinner is done! Ingredients:
1 lb. ground beef
1 small onion
1 pkg. taco seasoning mix
2 cans mexican diced tomatoes
2 cans kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 can corn, don't drain the liquid
1 can tomato sauce (8 oz.)

Brown the ground beef and saute the onion with the beef. Add the taco seasoning mix, tomato saue and tomatoes. Add remaining ingredients. Simmer on low. Or....just brown the ground beef and saute the onion and dump the rest in your crockpot on warm (if you are leaving it all day) or low if it is only for a few hours. Serve with fritos, cheese and sour cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment